Picture the setting: it’s early summer and a warm breeze is blowing through the freshly bloomed trees. You can hear laughter in the distance as you feel the excitement in the air. It’s your wedding day. You have been preparing for this day for months, maybe even your entire life. The fathers are pacing and the mothers are chatting, as they are trying to calm their nerves. You hear the click of a camera shutter and the murmur of staff ensuring that the decor is perfectly in place. The candles are lit and the guests begin to arrive.
Quick, what day of the week is it?
Based on everything wedding traditions have taught us, you may have placed this scenario on a Saturday. It’s a common idea that weddings only take place on weekends. But that’s not necessarily the case anymore. The idea that the best day to have a wedding must be on a Saturday is an idea of the past. Don’t get us wrong, a Saturday wedding is MAGICAL and has many pros, but in today's world - with things like pandemic uncertainty and limited options, many couples are opting for weekday weddings for the MANY attractive qualities that a Monday through Thursday wedding might bring to not only you, but your guests as well. Not to mention the thousands of dollars you will likely save.
Below are just a few reasons why we love a weekday wedding and why you should too.
- You can kick-off a weekend of celebration (or finish off a weekend of celebration) with your nuptials. Who doesn’t want to have a full wedding weekend?
- You have more time to spend with your guests (with less pressure) when you encourage them to turn your wedding into a vacation-like trip. Having multiple days in town means more quality time with those you don’t see very often!
- Plan to leave for your honeymoon following your wedding on a weekday and take advantage of more time with your new spouse!
- The amazing value! Many elements of a wedding will be likely cut in at least half when you select a Monday through Thursday date (half off sounds pretty nice)
- Your dream vendors will likely be available and have lower rates. There’s less competition with other couples trying to pick them too!
- You can have a luxury venue and vendors for a fraction of the price
- DATES DATES DATES - on any typical year, you might find yourself having a hard time finding a Saturday date at a popular venue, but if you’re open to a weekday, you’re almost sure to be able to get the season you’ve dreamed of!
- Special dates: Say you have an anniversary and you’d like to marry on that date but it’s during the week, you can!
- Have an evening party! Starting your ceremony a bit later in the day creates a scenario where your in-town guests don’t even have to miss a whole day of work! We often start our weekday weddings around 5 p.m. or later!
- You won’t have to worry about competing with other couples and guests choosing to go to other weddings that they may have been invited to or other weekend plans. Many people plan their weekends up to a year in advance, especially in the summer!
But what about my traveling guests? Won’t they miss work? Is it rude to have a weekday wedding?
Many traveling wedding guests will likely need to take one to two days off of work regardless of the wedding day of the week - even for a Saturday event. Our mantra is that when planning a wedding (and giving guests the appropriate amount of notice time) those who want to come to your wedding would make it there if it was on Mars. Bookending your wedding on a weekday with a weekend gives your guests a longer experience. The guests will likely also only need to take two days off for your wedding, similarly to your Saturday wedding couple counterparts.
Ultimately, save some dollars for your honeymoon (or get those extra flowers you thought you couldn’t work into your budget) and create your dream weekday wedding; we’ll see you there!
To see if Bavaria Downs’ space works for your weekday wedding venues, book a tour with a member of our knowledgeable and talented staff.